A voice and shield for the peopleInspired by environmental challenges and revelations pertaining to Wausau’s southwest side and the Thomas Street neighborhood in recent years, area residents started a volunteer group to monitor the activities and impacts of significant current and past polluters.
Our goals are 1) to identify key data and research about this pollution in order to 2) communicate critical information to the citizenry and 3) to take action to support regulators' efforts in testing, remediation, and enforcement; or to act independently when both necessary and possible.
Our group goes by the name of CITIZENS FOR A CLEAN WAUSAU.
Latest News and Documents
- Citizens for a Clean Wausau Submits Request to DNR for More Manhole Testing
- Public Works Director to City Attorney: Consultant will determine “IF” More Riverside Park Testing is Needed
- Docs: 3M fill “used to fill the entire plant area” of the former Connor Property
- Sentry Alleged “Fraud” in Harris-Crestline Suit Relating to Penta Contamination
- Full Interview of Stephen Lester, Toxicologist, on WXCO (Audio)